2017 Ferris FW25 5901425
Stock Image: FW25 Walk Behind Mowers
The FW25 dual hydrostatic walk-behind packs the professional features of our FW35 model in a narrower package. With easy-to-use controls, an electric start option and a top ground speed of 6 mpg, it’s all your crew needs to breeze through lawn jobs with little effort. With a choice of 36” and 48” cutting widths, the FW25 will readily fit most small sheds and trailers, while still delivering superior control for navigating over thick grass, surface imperfections and hills.
Ferris offers you the choice of two FS-series V-twin engines from Kawasaki, both of which deliver all-day reliability and power for your hardworking lawn team. Choose the 15 gross horsepower* model paired with a manual starter, or step up to the 18.5 gross horsepower* with electric start.
- Cruise Control to Set Speed: Adjust the mower's speed without removing your hands from the control handles with the improved, ready-access cruise control bar. Simply press forward to increase speed and pull back a slow down. A convenient speed indicator is placed within easy view on the control panel.
- Easier-To-Use Controls: New CC™ Centralized Control lawn mower handle design places the operator's hands in the ideal position to access all in-demand controls. Ergonomic operator presence, steering and reverse levers on both handles operate with a light touch to reduce operator fatigue. Easily adjust control tensions to fine tune for different operating conditions.
- Keeps the Engine Running: Need to walk away from the mower to move an obstacle or debris? The new PTO switch allows the operator to stop the mower blades quickly and easily. While mowing, simply step on the centralized foot activated neutral pedals or pull back on the cruise control bar to place in neutral. Then, remove your hands from the controls. The blades will stop while the engine continues to run. Restarting the blades is just as easy. Place your left or right hand on the controls, pull up the PTO switch and set your speed with the cruise control bar.
- Easy-Access Neutral Position: New dual access neutral pedals take the guesswork out of finding neutral, simplifying operation and saving time. The operator can use either foot to put the mower in neutral. The neutral position is clearly identified on the speed indicator on the dash.
- Well Built, Well Protected: Thick, 1/4" steel guards protect the front deck mower's transmission when going over curbs or rolling on and off a trailer - the type of rough handling that occurs daily under commercial use and can render lesser mowers inoperable. The design also reduces build up of debris to improve air flow and allow for access to the filter for maintenance.
- Improved Deck Mounting: We listened closely to our pro users when considering the enhancements on our redesigned mower deck. The new mounting system provides easier deck leveling, improved flexibility over terrain, easy-access grease points and more durable wear points for reduced maintenance. Ferris makes choosing mowers a no brainer.
- Longer Belt Life: The parts that wear out the soonest don't have to go so soon. The Ferris-engineered deck drive belt system and larger pulleys provide gentler belt tension, which - combined with our unique debris shield - extends belt life and reduces wear on bearings.
- Easy Reach Parking Brake: We located the parking brake handle conveniently in front of the control panel, providing instant access with minimal operator effort to reach and engage.
- Solid Construction: All Ferris walk-behind mowers are ruggedly built nose to tail to withstand daily commercial-duty operation and transport. Robust 1/4" steel engine deck construction stands the test of time.
- Easy to Secure: Dedicated tie-down points located in the front and the rear makes trailering this commercial lawn mower between jobs secure and easy.
- Engine Brand: Kawasaki® FS541V
- Engine Power Rating *: 15 gross hp
- Displacement (cc): 603
- PTO: Electric
- Cylinders: 2
- Starting: Manual
- Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 5
- Cutting Width (in): 36
- Cutting Height (in): 1.5 - 4.5
- Spindles: Aluminum
- Deck Construction: Fabricated 10-gauge
- Suspension: N/A
- Transmission: Dual, commercial Hydro-Gear® ZT-3100® transaxles with 7" mounted cooling fans
- Drive Axles (in): 1
- Caster Tires (in): 9 x 3.5-4 Flat-Free
- Drive Tires (in): 20 x 7-10
- Ground Speed-Fwd (mph): 0-6
- Ground Speed-Rev (mph): 0-3
- Overall Length (in): Standard: 77.5, CC™: 73
- Overall Width (in) Deflector Down/Deflector Up: 48.5 / 37
- Dry Weight (lbs): 632
- Seat: N/A
- Rollover Protection System (ROPS): N/A
- Instrumentation: Hour meter, speed indicator
- Parking Brake/Safety Circuit: Internal transaxle
- Safety Group/Controls: Operator presence, centralized foot activated neutral pedals, neutral start safety circuit/CC™ (Centralized Controls) or standard controls
- Warranty (Engine) †: 3-Year limited manufacturer's warranty
- Warranty (Balance of Machine) †: 2-Year limited warranty commercial use, front-to-rear, parts & labor. Belts, tires, brake pads, battery, blades: 90 days.
- GRASS CATCHER: A lightweight durable fabric bag with hard plastic bottom attaches quickly. Capacity: 3.75 bushels. Fits: 48" and 52" models.
- LAWN STRIPING KIT: Rubber flap system lays down clippings to create grass patterns across the landscape. Fits: 44" Model only.
- MULCH KIT: Select kits include dedicated mulching blades, baffels, hardware and instruction sheet.
- Comfortable CC™ Centralized Control handles with more natural, ergonomic positioning for comfort & hand protection.
- Electric starter (18.5 gross hp* models only) with cruise control bar for desired ground speed.
- Take your choice of Kawasaki® FS541V or Kawasaki® FS600V engine options.
- Big 20" tires for curbs and rough terrains, reducing deck bounce for consistent cut.
- Commercial-grade transmission – the same muscle driving our heavier, commercial zero turn mower line.
- Hand-removable deck-pins can change cut height from 1.5” - 4.5” in 1/2” increments.
- Limited two-year, unlimited-hour warranty†.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 15 gross hp
- Engine Type
- Dual, commercial Hydro-Gear® ZT-3100® transaxles with 7" mounted cooling fans
- Wheel Size
- Caster Tires: 9 x 3.5-4 Flat-Free; Drive Tires: 20 x 7-10
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal.
- Deck Size
- 36 in.